Thursday, 24 November 2011

So its been nearly a year...

Hard to believe that it has been nearly a year since my first Taupo Cycle Challenge... the house is clean and tidy for the house-sitter (minding the cats), the bags and food are packed, am just waiting my turn for the shower, then its load up the van, and don't forget the bike... drop of Diesel to the kennels then we are off to Taupo :)

One year later, I'm nearly 15kgs lighter (completely revamped the diet), took my training a whole lot more seriously and included strength training to build up the legs (hence why there are hardly any crafty postings!), and alot fitter. I'm on a mission this year to get under 6hrs 30mins for 160kms around the lake on Saturday. (Last year it was a 9hr torture test). My trainers reckon I can do sub 6 hours - eek - will depend on the tailwinds I reckon!

Will load a post when I get home on Sunday to let you know how it all went :)

Have a great weekend.

Hugs

5 comments:

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

good luck Julz, good on you for sticking in there!!

Sandra said...

Well done so far - I am very impressed!! Best of luck for the ride - hope the weather gods are with you and you enjoy yourself =)

Chookyblue...... said...

all the best I am sure you will blitz it...........

Jenny said...

Have a great time, hope the weather is kind to all the cyclists.

Marlene said...

Impressive so far Julz. Good luck with your ride.