Sunday, 29 June 2008

Chilly wet day ...

Has been a very dark grey day with so much rain today. Perfect for stitching - though to be honest haven't done a great deal of stitching today...

Headed into Wellington to pick up a purchase from Trademe (NZ online auction), a mini-system, that we have brought for Kaitlyn's 14th Birthday in a few weeks... it is a year old and like brand new though less than half the price of a new one. We gave it to her this afternoon - and all we hear is 'doof doof' sound of bass through the walls - she's smiling like a cheshire cat ...


Then I stopped in at my girlfriends who lives way up on the top and beyond of Belmont Hills - driving through the fog with water pouring down the road in little rivers was a freaky experience. Karen had made delicious spicy kumara soup (I've got to get the recipe off her) and homemade crunchy bread for lunch, her fire was roaring, the wind outside howling around the house and once the belly's were full and content - out came the needles and some stitching - I can't show you the block yet that I'm working on as its for a secret "0" birthday for one of our stitching group.

Though here is a pic of two of the block samples I made for our club's July BOM - I've named them swirling stars, though through Quilted Cache they are called Hexed Stars.


As I've mentioned in a past post - I've fairly new to paper piecing and I have to say am becoming rather addicted to it ... it takes me awhile to get sorted with the first two pieces of fabric to make sure I've got them the right way round when you press out to place the third piece down so a bit of reverse stitching was happening... however still good fun.

Well the rain is still pouring, I'd better get a move on as have to fix Kaitlyn's school skirt and get a little more stitching done on the secret birthday block...

Have a fantastic week and keep warm.

Hugs Jxox

2 comments:

OzRose said...

Hi Julz, when you get the Kumara soup recipe, you will have to share it!! Love Kumara :)))
Great Swirling Stars, so neat:) Glad you are doing the right thing while its wet and cold tho - stitching! LOL

loulee said...

Love those swirling stars.