Sunday, 7 December 2008

Baby Quilt update...


Have worked over the last two days trying to get the baby quilt finished - the mum & dad to be are having a C-section tomorrow - so I'll have wonderful news soon...

Well yesterday lunchtime I was still blanket stitching around the dragonflies on the top, and had yet to sandwich, and pin, which am pleased to say had completed and well into the quilting last night - after unpicking the large stippling as it looked all wrong for this quilt. I did a little more quilting this morning, then took Beck's and her friend up to Harcourt Park, while they were there I went and visited Yvonne at Sawmillers Quiltery - shopped a little (well how can one resist), had a cuppa with Yvonne while cutting threads off the quilt ready for the final quilting when got home late this afternoon...



So the quilting was all finished by 9.30pm tonight - don't the dragonflies look so cute now, and then it was sorting out fabric for the binding, cut, stitch, iron and sew onto the quilt - yeah all done by 10.30pm - ready for handstitching tomorrow night - phew!! Another UFO can now be taken off the to-do-list...
Oops nearly forgot - haven't done a label yet - mind I haven't thought of a name for this quilt yet - I keep thinking of ... Starlight Starbright... hmm not sure...

8 comments:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

The dragonflies are perfect - love their expressions. I am sure the new parents will be thrilled with the quilt.

Little Lady Patchwork said...

The quilt is too cute and they will be so excited to receive it!

Looks like you have healed well after your surgery. Someday I will breakdown and get it done!

Have a good weekend!

Anonymous said...

looks bloody awesome sis, well done

Anonymous said...

I love this quilt!  Gorgeous blues, cute as cute dragonflies - it is beautiful, Julie.  Have fun stitching the binding down - and enjoy that moment of supreme satisfaction when the last stitch is done!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Julz now that is one happy baby quilt...

loulee said...

Those bugs are so cute! If starlight, starbright is what you're hearing then that must be the right name.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love your dragonflies - such an addition to a quilt - I love it, I have done quilts like this also. I have enjoyed looking at your site.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Leanne said...

I love the quilt the dragonflies are just perfect.