Sunday, 22 February 2009

Stitching Weekend...

Hi

I hope you have had a lovely weekend and managed to get some serious stitching, quilting done :)

I spent Friday night and all of yesterday and night with a small group of lovely ladies stitching up a storm - and yay have completed the main section of baby sister's (aka Junior Witch) quilt top - Tatty Teddies. Sis wanted a quilt that wasn't too busy in pattern design, and she chose the bulk of the fabrics - eek I don't know if it is plain enough - so hard for me to do - love bold quilts... The borders are plain fabric to tone down the quilt with a funky border fabric (the chequered purple squares) - I've decided I will large stipple in variegated thread to pull it all together - tho won't stipple over the stitcheries - will shadow quilt the boxes...

I'm currently got the fabric hunt emails going to source enough of the fabric's needed for the two borders and binding... (my fingers are crossed).

Here are a variety of pictures (sorry the lighting wasn't too great for good photo taking) ...


I even made a start on the SkrappySak bag pattern that Beth sent to me as part of her gift to me for SSCS08 - using the delicious fabrics that also came with my goodies from Beth - pics to follow for this...
Like all stitching weekends have come home tired, a huge bag of quilting stuff to unpack that didn't even get a chance to touch, a very full tummy - we had such delicious baking provided by our hostess to tempt us everytime we had a cuppa :) Lots of happy laughters and catching up - ah bliss - now its back to reality .... and work tomorrow....
Hugs

1 comment:

Beth said...

Hi Julz! I love the bear quilt (what adorable stitcheries!!!). I can't wait to see the scrappysak! I'm so glad you like the pattern and the fabrics :)