Saturday, 14 March 2009

Hello...


... well another week has roared past - aargh time is passing too quickly, Have upped the cycling over the past couple of weeks, and getting out either on the road for the 14km loop (which takes me about 35min) after work or on the indoor trainer in the darkness of morning with the radio going to detract from the boredom of just sitting there sweating! Last Sunday even managed a bike to Maoribank from my home in Silverstream - not sure on how many km's this is though is approx 20 min drive away.


Was sis-in-law's birthday on Friday, so my gift to her was a Kathmandu bike computer (and I picked one up for myself too!) to attach to our bikes and keep the challenge up of increasing our distance, and time - along with checking out how fast we are going on those down-hill "free-wheeling" moments LOL... only 22 more sleeps before our event...


Now my dear friend Steph had her '0' birthday yesterday, and today is her BBQ gathering - now she said NO presents on the invite - whaat! you can't have a birthday and have no presents... so I've made her a GIFT - the tote bag (from the pattern that Beth gave me, the tote bag I'm making from the fabrics Beth gave me is still in process...) then I thought I'd make a cover for a note book (Deb gave me this lovely idea from a gorgeous journal she sent to me last year)... now of course there are no photo opportunities without Bella aka 'Squirrel'...


Here's a slightly better photo...
I thought I'd close with some neat photo's Kait took with my camera - she was playing with the camera settings and set it to sport, then was taking photo's of the lights in the valley from our garden - with a slight move of the camera while she was pressing the shutter - she created some great pics - great ideas for stitching with variegated thread on black fabric I thought...




Have a great sewing weekend... oh before I forget Sawmillers Quiltery are having an instore demonstration day tomorrow from 1.30pm - Fused and Needleturn Applique... I shall be stopping in - not only to see the demo - I also need to purchase more green fabric for my butterfly garden project...

4 comments:

Deb said...

Have a great BBQ tonight Julz. The bag for your friend is great.
Gosh Bella has grown and don't they keep us on our toes when stitching!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love the denim and cotton tote bag - just lovely!

Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

My husband and I love to bike ride. I have had a knee surgery on my left knee and may be having one on my right soon so sometimes I get sidelined for a while but it sure is good exercise.

Susan said...

I love the photo of your zebra friend...such a friendly smile!

Sounds like you have been busy! Too bad someone can't figure a way to combine a sewing machine and exercise bike...think of the multitasking we could do with that!