Monday, 28 April 2008

School Holiday's are so tiring...

My darling girls... here it is 4pm this afternoon and they have crashed (too many late nights watching C4 channel and being on the computer) - the youngest was going off to bed for a rest and big sister went to talk with her and before you knew it - "mr sandman" had caught both of them...

The quilt on the youngest's bed is the 2nd quilt that I made - she loves purple and we both love butterflies so was a very fun quilt to make.

On the plus side (of the girls have a recharge sleep) it has been really quiet so there has been no excuses, so have sat down and completed all the bits of my Module 5 that I can do myself - the last 4 exercises I need to rope someone into being interviewed and assessed by me :) I really need to get cracking on this Module as I've had it since December and it is meant to take 100 hours to complete - not 4 months - nearly there now though...

Then I thought - ohh just in case Junior Witch is checking on my Blog - here is another couple of tease photo's of the bits and pieces making with fabric from her wedding dress...


Have wrapped Junior Witch's hubby's birthday present and need to find a big box so I can send everything down, and youngest daughter is giving aunty her spare Tinkerbell blanket (as they both love Tink); ooh and then I need to wrap Junior Witch's birthday presents to put in the box too... Tonight will work some more on the projects to get them complete.

Have tomorrow off work as well, to spend time with the girls - has been lovely having 5 sleep-ins in a row - bliss - the early evening has cooled off somewhat after having a very muggy day - wasn't safe enough to hang out the washing - so the lounge is looking like a laundromat with clothes hanging everywhere drying - just as well I didn't hang it outside as early this afternoon it has rained rather heavily - the weeds in the garden are thriving in these conditions :)

Well off to cook something for dinner - hmm something quick and easy I think - and the sewing machine is calling to me....

Love J xoxo

2 comments:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Glad you are enjoying the holidays and the extra time to sew. My kids and I went back to school and work today :( The holidays go all too fast.

I love your daughters purple butterful quilt, they look so cosy under it!

Ruth said...

Lovely blog! I *LOVE* that quilt!

Ruth xx