Saturday, 26 July 2008

Cupcake & Tea Swap goodies on their way...

Boxed up my cupcake and tea goodies (Rachael Rabbit's swap) to send away on a Jet plane to US of A today. I hope my recipient likes the kiwiana flavour...

Here is a wee sneak look, will post a better photo once I know it has been received safely.



Quilt Club day today - for a freezing cold day we had lots of members arrive for a catchup with all their quilting friends, over a cuppa, refresh their night time reading from our awesome club library, and listen to a couple of our members speak about their recent trip to Canada that included lots of visits to quilt shops and a cruise to Alaska!

Have just about finished Block 1 of Butterfly Garden - am applique-ing the last flower into place then will sponge off the marker and give it a press before I take a photo to show you...

Oh, I've added some bright letters and numbers to the quilt that I'm putting together for my friend's baby - just need to blanket stitch around them - thinking will cheat and do this on the machine tomorrow - so much faster... still needs something else I think...

Off now to check the other blogsites to see what everyone has been doing this cold Saturday :)
PS: Go the Aussies! Terrible I know - though Robbie Deans is now their coach - and it would be such a hoot (I'm not that passionate a rugby fan you can probably guess) if he won against the All Blacks!!
Happy stitching, hugs

3 comments:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love the baby blanket - the applique letters/numbers just finish it off!Can't wait to see your bButterfly Garden block, enjoy the rest of your weekend, Lisa

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful babyquilt. I'd like to be the baby to get it.

Ali Honey said...

I'm writing this Sunday morning - so you got your way re the ABs - they didn't deserve to win!

Your baby quilt is lovely. Maybe the odd little picture / object scattered or in the middle of some stars might add extra interest and colour???( not sure )

Keep warm - trust you didn't sustain any damage in the storm last night.