Saturday, 30 May 2009

Charity with a difference...


As we all know, financial times are getting harder, and the $$ don't stretch like they used to, so to drop a gold coin or two into the charity buckets that seem to be always rattling, becomes a little more difficult... so I've decided to do my bit for 'charity' in a different sense...

So I've decided to become a regular blood donor, and on Thursday I provided my first donation - yes the finger prick haemoglobin check test hurt, though the actual blood donation was absolutely fine :)
NZ Blood are always looking for new donors - did you know that the 470mls of blood that they take from you per donation can save THREE lives... and the best bit, they have lovely bikkies, crackers & cheese, hot/cold drinks and sweets for refreshment afterwards.
Hugs

No comments: