Saturday, 29 December 2012

Christmas crafting...

The good thing about Christmas is I seem to find my crafting mojo again albeit for a few weeks :D

Yesterday we were out past Red Rocks, on the bay diagonal to Karori Lighthouse, Chris was diving (yummo we had crayfish and paua for dinner); while Chris was diving I always scavenge the beach for heart-shaped rocks, and small washed up paua shells. I was on a mission to find similar sized shells to make a 'shell & bead string' with them.

Once we left the beach, we detoured to Made Marion, to visit gorgeous Maryanne and her hubby David, with a mission to buy wax coated thin twine and glass beads, and crimp thingees (to stop the beads moving on the twine).

This morning I washed the shells, left to dry in the wind! and then began the crafting this afternoon.




I went to hang on the wall outside of the bathroom, and realised I had no picture hooks :(  I will get some tomorrow and then post an updated photo of the completed 'shell & bead string'.  Am pretty pleased with the results.

4 comments:

todd ikey said...

Crayfish! Moi jealous.

MrsC (Maryanne) said...

It's so pretty!!! Glad it worked! xo

By Hoki Quilts said...

What a lovely job you have made of them that mojo of yours must really be working well- do they or can they work like a wind chime with more than one strand? Now crayfish - yummo, haven't had it for many a long month.

Julz said...

Hi Miche'le - the shells would work as a wind chime if I'd placed the shells closer together, however I just wanted a 'dangly' thing to hang on the wall in the hall by the bathroom - hence the use of lovely glass beads and spacing between the shells :) Hope you are enjoying the Christmas break too. Hugs Jx