Wednesday, 21 November 2007

Celebrating the "0" Birthday...

What a fantastic weekend was had... My 40th birthday dawned with the best surprise... my baby sister (Jnr Witch) waking me up by singing "Happy Birthday" (she has a great video clip of this!) This led to a great day of having lunch at a local cafe, sitting in the sun and having lots of laughs with hubby, the girls, Big Witch, Jnr Wizard and Jnr Witch. The evening rolled along with me thinking it was just "us" going to dinner, walked into the restaurant saying over shoulder to hubby..."Thank goodness you booked us a table - they're really busy tonight" - DOH - as I walked in I realised that half the restaurant were there for me :) It was the most amazing night, filled with lots of laughter, leaking eyes (they just wouldn't stop filling up and spilling over!). A complete day of surprises all organised very secretly by my hubby - and then having so many people in on the secret and not letting it slip - even our girls were in on it from the beginning - they did so well to keep it to themselves. And talk about eating lots of humble pie - as was getting rather snitchy with hubby thinking that he hadn't remembered - yadda yadda...


My Thursday stitching girlfriends (Kwilting Katz) gave me a beautiful "O" birthday quilt - it is lovely and snuggly and has beautiful embrodiered butterflies appliqued on... Licorice loves it too and hogs it during the day...















Module 5 - Communication & Coaching Conversations - has arrived this week - still awaiting my results from Module 4 - so will need to get cracking and get this module finished before Christmas so I am back on track with the timeline to get it all completed (still have 11 modules to go... to complete the double diploma).

Have been making one of my Thursday girls a lovely green needle holder as is her birthday this Sunday so will wrap in green fabric for her - can you guess what her favourite colour might be?

Last club day on Saturday for the year for Quilt Club - so is a shared Christmas lunch, a few fun games, show and tell (yes I have to take my "O" quilt to show, so the girls can keep rubbing salt into the wound - and also my lovely "40 christmas' quilt hanging" my MumS made for my birthday).

Well had better go finish the needle holder and have a cup of milo before heading to bed.

Nite Nite and sweet dreams
Hugs J xox

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was the best night ever and I was so pleased and privileged to join in with my favourite 3 nieces. Talk about make me feel old!!! The photos sure showed the wrinkles. Like the Birthday Girl I will NEVER forget 17 November, 2007.