Thursday, 8 November 2007

Happier things





I have to tell you about a new wonderful block of the month pattern I have ordered, I'm an avid fan of Leanne Beasley (of Leanne's House) - her link is to the side of my postings. Leanne has not long finished her Butterfly Garden quilt sample and patterns. I just can't resist as its "butterflys" and in such lovely colours... anyway I thought a couple of days ago - bugger it - I am going to order this... So have placed an order with Honeysuckle Cottage who are in Aussie - so that I can get the same fabrics as Leanne's original - here is a photo of the gorgeous quilt - the first block (pattern and fabrics & threads) will be sent out in December - just in time for some lovely stitching over the Christmas break :)



I also went to a beading class that was run through my Quilt Club - one of our member's is a fantastic toy/doll/brooch maker and was sharing her skills... here is the sampler I created while learning some new skills - and here is the brooch that I've started to bead - as you can see still lots to do...



















...and
I've been working away on husband's quilt... have started working on the lantern section at the moment - and here is one picture of the detail...


Well I think this makes up for the lack of entries lately... I will sign off here as the new programme that is causing lots of debate starts tonight "Californication" and curiousity is one of my weaknesses, so have to watch to see what all the fuss is about !!
Sweet dreams, and enjoy happy days
Love J x

1 comment:

shan said...

Hi Julie

Been trying to answer your posting lets hope I've got this right 10 times round. Chris's quilt looks fantastic, and I loved your bead work - well done - and oh the new quilt will be simply beautiful.

Lovely to see the photo of Amber. Yes Nov/Dec will be better months.